"Where there are no swamps there are no frogs." - German Proverb

Friday, February 24, 2012

Pitchapalooza Event (winner)

Pitchapalooza! (pic w/founders)

I went to Pitchapalooza at Northshire Bookstore (my favorite bookstore in the world) simply in hopes of being selected to pitch my children's book for a timed, one minute - no longer - in order to receive feedback from the panel: Pam Art, Arielle Eckstut, David Henry Sterry, and Jessica Wood. I cannot tell you how surprised I was when they announced that I had won! I was stunned! It completely slipped my mind - it's being a competition.  I whispered to the person seated next to me, "What did I win?"  Her reply, "They're going to put you in touch with a publisher or an agent geared towards your book."  Seriously?  Fantastic!  Fingers are crossed that the door that has finally cracked ajar (after several years of knocking, pounding, persisting), will swing wide open and invite more opportunistic adventures. 

Pitchapalooza is a wonderful event! It was incredibly exciting and refreshing to hear people's ideas accompanied by such encouraging feedback from the panel. I truly look forward to seeing several books pitched that day lining the shelves at Northshire Bookstore and other stores as well.  And, if good fortune bestows it's light once more, perhaps I'll be included.

Thank you panelists.  Thank you Northshire.  Thank you fellow writers.  Cheers to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment